This blog is not mainly about food, cooking and recipes. It's just about anything.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Start with yourself

Moments to give devotional by Robert Strand

When I was young and free and my imaginations has no limits,
I dreamed of changing the world.
As I grew older and wiser, I discovered the world would not change,
so I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change only my country.
But it, too, seemed immovable.

As I grew into my twilight years,
in one last desperate attempt,
I settled for changing only my family,
those closest to me, but alas,
they would have none of it.
And now as I lie on my deathbed, I suddenly realize:
If I had only changed myself first,
Then by example I would have changed my family.

From their inspiration and encouragement,
I would have been able to better my country  and,
who knows,
I may have even changed the world. (-anonymous)


"Therefore, everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them 
into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rocks."
-Matt. 7:24

No comments: